Placed in a inexperienced bell pepper, our Almost Sloppy Joes recipe is a novel and engaging home made twist on stuffed peppers and Sloppy Joes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced shallot
- three cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium inexperienced bell peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- half teaspoon salt substitute
- half teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1 pound lean floor beef
- half pound sliced white mushrooms
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) Mexican corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced recent parsley
1. Place oil in giant nonstick skillet over medium warmth. Cook onion, shallot, garlic, and inexperienced peppers with herbs, salt substitute and black pepper till tender.
2. Add beef and cook dinner till now not pink. Spoon off extra fats. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and corn; cowl, cut back warmth and simmer 2 to four minutes. Add parsley.
Yield: Makes eight servings.
Serving measurement: 1 cup sloppy joe combination (with out facet salad).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 217 energy, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Protein: 14 g, Fat: 11 g, Cholesterol: 38 mg, Sodium: 215 mg, Fiber: three g
Exchanges per serving: half Bread/Starch, half Fat, 2 Vegetable, 1 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.